SLAS is a software component to manage software licensing process and protect software piracy.
A Security Component is required to stop the piracy for Desktop and Web Application. It should also take care of license activation, renewal, upgradation and customer subscription management,expiry and reactivation etc. The component should be plugable and not specific to a programming language.
- Controls software Piracy(Stop pirated distribution)
- One Key will be activated only once in a System(K1)
- Hardware dependent system locking(unique hardware)
- Reactivation permitted in same hardware
- Distribution is not allowed once activated
- Back-date access not allowed
- Multiple Activation Modes – Trial and Subscribed
- Renewal Management
- Plan upgrade and downgrade Management
- Limitation on number of records per table, limiting system users etc.
SLAS is plugable solution to handle Software License Management and Piracy Management. It is handling customer subscription detail and license detail in WEB MODULE and CLIENT MODULE is responsible for invoking service calls to WEB MODULE.
Its present implementation is done in Java Desktop and Web Application. But there is enough scope to develop same concept for other programming languages.